Welcome back! Coming at you with another sweet treat today! I created this recipe years ago when I was working at a local vegan cafe – I used to bake some of their raw vegan desserts when I worked there and this is one of the recipes I developed during that time!
These bars are refined sugar free and used with whole ingredients. That is one great thing about raw vegan desserts – they can taste incredibly naughty and decadent, yet they’re secretly much healthier! What more could you ask for?!
The process of making the bars is super super simple and the ingredient list is no nonsense!
- Approx 12 pitted dates (soaked either overnight/for at least 2 hours)
- 250g almond flour/ground almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 lemons, juice
- 1 lemon, zest
- 150g raw cashews (Soaked either overnight/for at least 2 hours)
- 40g maple syrup
- 125ml coconut cream
- First start by making the base. To do this, take the soaked dates and blend in a high speed blender/food processor, with a couple of table spoons of the soaking water, to form a paste.
- Then add the almond flour to the mix and combine in the blender. Add to the bottom of the lined tin and evenly press down. That’s it! Base complete. Place in the freezer whilst you make the filling.
- Now onto the filling! Start by adding the cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Next, stir in the desiccated coconut. Pour over the base and leave to set in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Store in the fridge. Most importantly, enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!! Ps. really don’t forget to store it in the fridge haha!