Happy Festive season!
It’s finally hit October, and that marks the start of Autumny/Wintery time! The weather certainly confirms that 😦 Sadly the cold has descended and it’s time for coats, hats, scarves and gloves to make a return.
On a happier note, I’m calling the beginning of the festive baking season! Mince pies, cinnamon, mixed spice and all things nice(what a clique haha!)! These flavours are certainly favourites of my mum, so she’s a definite advocate of my festive experimental baking!
Also, the Great British Bake off has been inspiring me to be creative with my cooking – I’m loving it, though of course, I still miss Mary!
Here is my first bake for the season! Pumpkin spiced cookies! I have also done a pumpkin pie, so keep your eyes peeled for that one 😉
- 300g oat flour
- 4 tbsp of melted coconut oil (melt easily by heating in microwave for 30-40s)
- 4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 70g (or 2/3cups) of pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- (optional) – a small handful of raisins and/or nuts
- Firstly, preheat the oven (fan) to 180ºc, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the oat flour with the spices and mix.
- Then add all the wet ingredients, so the coconut oil, the maple syrup, the pumpkin and the vanilla essence. Using my favourite method – form the dough by combining the ingredients with your hands! Get stuck in! If you would rather, a wooden spoon works too.
- After this, add the nuts and raisins if you are using these in your cookies.
- Next, scoop balls using a spoon/ice cream scoop (depending on what you have available) to get uniform cookies, roll them into ball shapes and squash gently with your hand so they are about 1/2 an inch thick. I like to pattern mine by squishing a fork into the top of these.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, by this point the mouthwatering aroma of cinnamon will be wafting around your house! Even if you are the grinch, it’ll be impossible to not feel warm and cosy at this!
- Leave the biscuits to cool and enjoy! A spiced pumpkin latte would be the perfect combo with these!
Honestly such an easy recipe, a wonderful treat, and I hope you agree, a perfect start to the festive season! Enjoy and have a fabulous week!
Lots of love,