Hello to you beautiful people reading this post!
Wowww it’s been a while! A little update: Since my last post I’ve been on a solo trip to Australia for about a month, travelling up the east coast and having a ball! My plans were to then head to Bali to do my yoga teacher training but my trip was unfortunately cut short due to Corona virus. Of course I was disappointed, but at the end of the day I can only be grateful I got to go at all, and I will treasure the memories made and the amazing people I met along the way 🙂
Here is a delicioussss cake recipe to bring a little more joy into everyones lives in this strange time. For real. You’ve gotta try this.
Originally, the recipe for this cake was one my mum used to bake quite a lot when I was younger, but I’ve adapted it to create a vegan version with more nutritious ingredients to nourish your body and soul simultaneously. What more could you want 🙂
- 100ml coconut oil
- 130g coconut sugar
- 250g buckwheat/wholemeal/spelt flour
- 3 very ripe small/2 large mashed bananas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60ml plant milk
- For the crunchy topping:
- 30g buckwheat flour
- 30g coconut oil
- 4 tbsp walnuts, chopped finely
- 50g coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- First, preheat the oven to 160°C fan.
- Next, combine the sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl, and once mixed, add the mashed banana and vanilla.
- After this, add the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Evenly pour the mix into a fairly deep 8 inch cake tin.
- To make the crunchy topping, just mix all the topping ingredients together in a separate bowl and evenly sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake for around 35-40 minutes, until a cake skewer comes out clean and leave to cook before serving yourself and loved ones a nice, generous slice 🙂 Enjoy!
More self love everyone 🙂 Have an amazing day!
Lots of love,